Be advised that I am no financial adviser or tax adviser. I am just an employer that has hired 100s of people that look at these documents with great confusion. I have just grown weary of the lack of simple, straightforward resources on the web on how to fill these things out.
Here is best way to fill out NC4 EZ. It matches up with the W4 from this post.
A few bullet points of interest:
- I am no financial or tax adviser. I have created this graphic from experience and internet research.
- This solution is best suited for teens at their first job or single people with no children. (However, I am married with 3 kids and still use the same figures)
- This solution is for SIMPLE taxes and finances.
- You can replace the 1's with 0's. You will have MORE tax taken from your check each pay period.
- However, having 0's means you will get a larger refund. Keep in mind, if you use 0's, this means Uncle Sam has been sitting on your money all year when you could have had it for yourself.
- See my other post on how to fill out the W4.
- Don't forget to fill out the other personal info: name, address, SS#, sign, and date.
- If I have made a gross error here, please let me know in the comments so I can update my post.